Please login here to view this item's SX National Grid Reference Number.
14 (2%) of Registered Dartefacters have visited this item. They are: H.Smyly, Sir Lose-a-Lot, Dave Hamnett, Moreoutdoor, Rick Staddles, Paul Wallis, bobfitzy62, Anne17, Drinneevar, Warminster Things, WaternMan, Max Piper, The_greenman, SteveGriggThis Dartefact is visited by the following walks:
- Erme Head Pits Loop from Whiteworks (7.6 miles) Medium, 12.3 km, 100 m ascent
Above: Thirsty work being a Tor Bagger..
Below: The Fox Tor Elephant/ Mammoth’s Skull!) Can you see it?! I believe this was first noticed by Hemery.. (the ‘two scoops’ are ancient rock basins that Hemery saw as eye sockets of a Mammoth Skull!) Although I fancy an Elephant with its trunk can also be spotted if you look carefully enough!
Trumpety-Trump! A close up!
So.. here is a clue.. trumpety-trumpety!! Excuse the awful drawing – I used the mouse instead of bothering to get out the Wacom tablet!
- Refreshments, Facilities & Accomodation
- PUDC (Paignton Urban District Council) Boundary Stones, Venford Reservoir, Holne Moor
- Named Tors, Hills & Outcrops (for Baggers!)
- WD (War Department) Stones
- Tinners' Huts
- Dewey Hills
- Historic Sites
- Prehistoric Sites
- Standing Stones
- Stone Rows
- Car Parks
- Stone Circles
- Land Features
- PCWW 1917 Markers
- Water Features
- Dartmoor 365 Map
- Trig Points (Trigs that can still be found!)
- PCWW 1919 Markers
- PCWW 1932 Markers
- Hut Circles
- Apple Crushers