Please login here to view this item's SX National Grid Reference Number.
1 (0%) of Registered Dartefacters have visited this item. They are: Dave Hamnett
This granite boundary rock is situated east of Spanish Lake near Trowlesworthy Tors. It marks the bounds of Hen Tor Warren, there used to be several warrens in this part of Dartmoor where they bred rabbits.
There are several of these marker stones in this area they were erected in 1807 due to an agreement between Lord Boringdon and Peter Nicholls (the warrener).
This stone has HWB1 (Hentor Warren Boundary 1) cut into it.
- Refreshments, Facilities & Accomodation
- PUDC (Paignton Urban District Council) Boundary Stones, Venford Reservoir, Holne Moor
- Named Tors, Hills & Outcrops (for Baggers!)
- WD (War Department) Stones
- Tinners' Huts
- Dewey Hills
- Historic Sites
- Stone Rows
- Stone Circles
- Prehistoric Sites
- Car Parks
- Standing Stones
- Land Features
- PCWW 1917 Markers
- Water Features
- Dartmoor 365 Map
- Trig Points (Trigs that can still be found!)
- PCWW 1919 Markers
- PCWW 1932 Markers
- Hut Circles
- Apple Crushers