Please login here to view this item's SX National Grid Reference Number.
1 (0%) of Registered Dartefacters have visited this item. They are: Dave HamnettThis Dartefact is visited by the following walks:
- Tavistock – Ashburton Packhorse Track (The TA Track) Strenuous, 28 km, 600 m ascent
Reference: Many thanks to Dave Hamnett for providing the original NGR and details for this item, based on the work of Dave Brewer.
Dave Brewer: Knowle farm, Walkhampton, used as gatepost.
Dave Hamnett: Couldn’t find anything at Knowle Farm, wrong grid ref. Later visit: Not exactly where Dave Brewer sketched but nearby – the next gateway along. The gate hinge obscures the A inscription a bit, but the T is there after a bit of hedge clearing. Luckily the farmer was in his field (feeding the very curious!! Young bullocks), so I got permission.
Markings: T / A
- Refreshments, Facilities & Accomodation
- PUDC (Paignton Urban District Council) Boundary Stones, Venford Reservoir, Holne Moor
- Named Tors, Hills & Outcrops (for Baggers!)
- WD (War Department) Stones
- Tinners' Huts
- Dewey Hills
- Historic Sites
- Stone Rows
- Stone Circles
- Prehistoric Sites
- Car Parks
- Standing Stones
- Land Features
- PCWW 1917 Markers
- Water Features
- Dartmoor 365 Map
- Trig Points (Trigs that can still be found!)
- PCWW 1919 Markers
- PCWW 1932 Markers
- Hut Circles
- Apple Crushers