Please login here to view this item's SX National Grid Reference Number.
0 (0%) of Registered Dartefacters have visited this item.
Inscription in the Celtic ‘Sprig’ Alphabet:
THE SOUL’S IMMORTAL, THEN BE BRAVE
NOR SEEK THE COWARD LIFE TO SAVE
BUT HAIL THE LIFE BEYOND THE GRAVE
Reference: James Fox PhD ‘The Beardown Rock Inscriptions and their Spiritual Significance’, via Taras Young on Facebook, Ancient Stones of Britain and Ireland Group.
Notes: This inscription is located on the ‘Isle of Mona’. A number of boulders were inscribed by the Reverend Edward Bray (1778 – 1857) in this area.
- Refreshments, Facilities & Accomodation
- PUDC (Paignton Urban District Council) Boundary Stones, Venford Reservoir, Holne Moor
- Named Tors, Hills & Outcrops (for Baggers!)
- WD (War Department) Stones
- Tinners' Huts
- Dewey Hills
- Historic Sites
- Prehistoric Sites
- Standing Stones
- Stone Rows
- Car Parks
- Stone Circles
- Land Features
- PCWW 1917 Markers
- Water Features
- Dartmoor 365 Map
- Trig Points (Trigs that can still be found!)
- PCWW 1919 Markers
- PCWW 1932 Markers
- Hut Circles
- Apple Crushers