Please login here to view this item's SX National Grid Reference Number.
2 (0%) of Registered Dartefacters have visited this item. They are: Peter Brooks, Amanda Ellis
The barn at Higher Willsworthy Farm is listed. The trefoil ‘light’ under the eaves is thought (by some authorities) to have come from Willsworthy Chapel. Some people have wrongly suggested that this barn WAS the chapel, but the 1904 map marks the ‘Chapel (Site of)’ some distance from here at SX 53458 81051. The ‘light was almost certainly built into the wall under the eaves to provide access for Barn Owls. Many barns have a Barn Owl light, but this is usually in the top of the gable end.