Please login here to view this item's SX National Grid Reference Number.
1 (0%) of Registered Dartefacters have visited this item. They are: Fr66
Reference: This item was kindly brought to the attention of Dartefacts by Emma Cunis (of Dartmoor’s Daughter). Emma has also supplied the ‘featured image’ that will hopefully help supply an explanation for this inscribed item.
Notes: There is a theory that this item is related to the Ex Trig Point on Kestor Rock and that the hole held the Ordnance Survey theodolite while surveying to other Trig Points took place? We assume that ‘XI’ are Roman Numerals but perhaps there is another explanation?
Does anyone out there have a theory as to what this inscription relates to?
The current grid ref is an approximate 6 figure one. Until a visit with my GPS takes place the exact location has yet to be determined.
- PUDC (Paignton Urban District Council) Boundary Stones, Venford Reservoir, Holne Moor
- Refreshments, Facilities & Accommodation
- Rock Basins
- Named Tors, Hills & Outcrops (for Baggers!)
- Not Located Dartmoor B.M.s
- Not Yet Visited Dartmoor B.M.s
- WD (War Department) Stones
- Tinners' Huts
- Contour Rings
- Dartmoor B.M.s
- Dewey Hills
- Found Dartmoor B.M.s
- Stone Rows
- Car Parks
- Stone Circles
- Prehistoric Sites
- Historic Sites
- Standing Stones
- PCWW 1917 Markers
- Land Features
- Water Features
- Dartmoor 365 Map
- Trig Points (Trigs that can still be found!)
- PCWW 1919 Markers
- PCWW 1932 Markers
- Apple Crushers
- Hut Circles