Hentor Warren Bound Stone No.1

Please login here to view this item's SX National Grid Reference Number.

8 (0%) of Registered Dartefacters have visited this item. They are: Dave Hamnett, Boundarymark, Sheron, SteveGrigg, bobfitzy62, Neil Handley, Dartmoor Paul, Dave

This granite boundary rock is situated east of Spanish Lake near Trowlesworthy Tors. It marks the bounds of Hen Tor Warren, there used to be several warrens in this part of Dartmoor where they bred rabbits.

There are several of these marker stones in this area they were erected in 1807 due to an agreement between Lord Boringdon and Peter Nicholls (the warrener).

This stone has HWB1 (Hentor Warren Boundary 1) cut into it.

Map loading...it may take a few seconds

Nearby Dartefacts and Squares: 248

Less than 1 km

1 km

2 km