Mere’s End Head

Reference:

  • Hemery, E. (1983): High Dartmoor – Land and People.

Riddipit Farm

This is a wonderful ruined farmstead. Paul Rendell (2023) mentions it: “There was once a complex of farm buildings here, some of which may have been medieval in origin. The first record of a farm building being here was in 1564 and there was also a tin mill on site which was called Redapit (SX 57021 70168).” By 1871 the farm was abandoned.

Reference:

  • Rendell, P. (2023): Exploring Around Burrator – A Dartmoor Reservoir – Updated Edition.