Challamoor

Reference: Tim Sandles, Legendary Dartmoor, Gazetteer.

Ruddycleave (farm)

Reference: Tim Sandles, Legendary Dartmoor, Gazetteer.

Steve Grigg (Dartmoor Explorations) writes: “Ruddycleave is first mentioned in circa 1200 and in the lay subsidy rolls of 1330 as Redeclyve (Source: Gover, Mawer, and Stenton, 1932, The Place-Names of Devon). The farm is believed to have been given to the church in 1566 and to have been owned by them until at least 19th century. (Source: White, 1968, Reprint of History, Gazetteer and Directory of Devonshire). In modern times, Ruddycleave comprises a number of farm buildings which include stables, pigsties, barn and shippon set around a central farmhouse.